Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Remembering Dad

Today marks six years since my dad passed away. So I thought it'd be cool to do six things today that I remember my dad doing lots. Well, there are  A LOT of things he would often do, but I had to narrow it down. Anyway, here are the six activities I did in memory of my wonderful father today:

1. Eat ice cream! ....Practically every night my dad would have a bowl of ice cream.
2. Read the entire newspaper. ....I always remember him sitting on the couch, or in his recliner reading the paper. He'd get so focused on reading the paper, that if you tried talking to him he never answered. Not because he was ignoring you, just that he really didn't realize that you were talking to him---he was that wrapped up in reading.
3. Play Zuma. ...It's a computer game that he would occasionally play just to relax.
4. Read a Tom Clancy novel. ....I'm sure there are other authors that my dad enjoyed, just for whatever reason I remember him reading Tom Clancy novels frequently. So today I read a chapter from The Hunt for Red October.
5. Play Hand & Foot. ...It's a card game that he really liked to play. In fact, it's really the only card game that he quite enjoyed.
6. Watch the 10 o'clock news. ....He typically watched the nightly news---even if he missed the beginning, he'd always be sure to have the TV on in time to catch the weather.

I don't really know how to conclude. Just that my dad is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment